Grundfos® Bronze UP(s)
Grundfos innovation offers the only traditional
recirculation solution that provides all the answers in
one package. Utilizing the UP10-16BU ATLC makes your
hot water recirculation needs a snap. You install the
dedicated return line, and the circulator does the rest!
• Quick and easy installation
• Whisper quiet operation
• Built-in timer, line-cord and aquastat
• Unique wet rotor design
• Aquastat control ensures optimum operation
• Includes check valve to eliminate back flow
• Integral isolation valve for ease of installation
• Saves up to 12,000 gallons of water per year
New Home Construction
This system requires a dedicated return-line to be installed from the
end of the hot water supply line back to the water heater. A circulator
pump is used to circulate water through the main hot water line and
the return-line back to the water heater to keep hot water in the main
line. A timer, aquastat, or both may be used to control the operation
of the pump. The Grundfos UP 10-16’s, as well as the UP Bronze and
Stainless model circulators are common in this application.
Features and Benefits
- Bronze and stainless steel models are available to resist the corrosive effects of fresh water.
- Timer models conserve energy since they can be set for desired operating times during the day.
- Line cord models provide convenience to the installer because no pre-wire of the pump is required.
- Models are available with built-in check valves to prevent back flow.
- Aquastats can be incorporated into the circulator for additional savings.
- The circulator will operate only when the temperature of the water is below the set point.
Models are available with the following configurations:
- Bronze housings with 1/2” and 3/4” sweat (B5 and B7).
- Stainless steel housings with union threaded connections (SU).
- Stainless steel with flange connections (SF).
- Integrated check valve inside the union discharge on a sweat pump housing
(BUC5 and BUC7).
- Built-in 6 ft. , 115 volt ac line cord with a NEMA 3-prong male plug (LC).
- Built-in line cord and 24-hour programmable timer (TLC).
A wet rotor circulator pump is designed to be smaller and more efficient than standard pumps. Standard pumps use a mechanical seal to connect the motor to the “water moving side.” A wet rotor circulator pump does not have this type of connection (coupling) since all the rotating parts are totally immersed in water by means of a stainless steel barrier (canister) that isolates these rotating parts from the motor. The water keeps the circulator lubricated and running cool. Since there is no
mechanical seal, there are fewer moving parts that might fail and cause the pump to leak. Grundfos® Pumps has developed several wet rotor circulator pump models to meet the needs of domestic hot water recirculation systems.